Friday, September 9, 2011

September Already

This past week has been a bit crazy for all of us.  Chad and I have both been working around the clock and to make it worse, we are in the midst of a huge wildfire in Bastrop.  Thankfully the fires are on the West side, and we are relatively safe.  However, we, just like the rest of Texas, won't be completely safe until we get some much needed rain.  There have now been over 1300 homes burned and 2/3 of Bastrop State Park... really sad stuff.

On a more positive note, we are all doing fine and are healthy.  Taelyn stated gymnastics class this week and absolutely loves it.  She goes Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-1... it is a program called Jump and Learn.  It is a good mix of learning, crafts, gymnastics and yoga - she loves it and is making a bunch of new friends!  Brie continues to grow and  is getting her 2 bottom teeth.  She loves eating with her hands and her favorite food is the little baby puffs that melt in her mouth.  She is also pretty good with ripe bananas and avacados.

Like I said, Chad has been extremely busy with work and the traveling has picked up again.  He was gone the entire week last week and will be gone another day or two in a couple weeks.  It isn't much fun being a part-time single mom and the girls really miss dad when he is gone for more than one night... and I do too!  I am also busy at work, but it looks like I might finally get some help as we have a new manger joining the team this week.

No comments: