Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer is here

Smoothies with Daddy before bed
I always think about making a post to my blog and then forget.  I get side-tracked with work, or laundry or life!  I am going to start scheduling time on my calendar each week just to take 15 mins to blog about what happened during the week - that is my goal at least!

The last post was 4 months ago- pretty ridiculous, I know.  There have been all kinds of things going on in the Martin household.  I think the biggest is that Brie finally started walking about a month ago!  We were so excited.  She is still pretty wobbly and prefers holding a hand when we are walking around outside in the grass, as it can be uneven and she has taken her share of falls.  Just a few scrapes and bumps, no broken bones or major accidents, thankfully.

What else?  Oh, swimming season has started up again and we are so thankful for our dear friends who live just up the hill that let us use their pool whenever we ask.  Taelyn is such a water bug and loves swimming.  I am trying to get her in swimming lessons this summer, but can't find any that are very convenient.  I may just have to break down and drive 20 mins to the state park pool every day for a week!  I was a lifeguard and taught lessons all though high school and college, but for some odd reason, she just has a hard time doing what I say!  She is very stubborn, just like her dad, so I am hopeful that a stranger might have more luck.  Also, it would be good for her to see other kids doing what I have told her to do!

We have been going to the lakehouse just about every other weekend and will actually be heading up this weekend for our annual Memorial weekend getaway with our neighbors.  We are always looking for folks to join us at the lakehouse, so if you want to come just invite yourself!

No comments: