This blog has been set up to track the growth and progress of the Martin Family. We hope everyone enjoys the pictures and stories.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Announcing Brielyn Reese Martin
It was early Tuesday morning, January 25th, and I began having contractions. They had actually started about 1:30am and were more a bother than a pain. I would wake up with the contraction and because they were not close together or painful, I would fall back to sleep for 30 mins or so before the next one came. Finally around 6 am, I woke Chad and told him this might be it - he wanted me to be sure before he got up and drove to the hospital. So for the next 45 mins I layed there and timed my contractions... yes indeed, it was the real thing and they were coming about 8 -10 mins apart... and getting stronger! We got up and got ready to go. Taelyn woke at her usual time around 7:30, we hopped in the car and were off. Chad's mom met us at the hospital to take Taelyn for a day of fun and we settled in for the pending arrival. When I arrived I was already about 5 cm dialated, but the contractions were still not that bad. By 11:30, when I still had not gotten my epidural - not because I wasn't asking for it!- I was almost to the breaking point and in walks the anesthesiologist...Finally! At 12 noon, it was time to start pushing and so I did, for the next hour and a half. The baby was turned and having a tough time getting out, and I had thought to myself if this baby doesn't come soon, they might just have to cut her out of me! But, that luckily did not have to happen and at 1:33pm, Brielyn Reese made her arrival on the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome Brielyn! I'm glad to hear the story. Thanks for the pic!
Congratulations! Brielyn is a cutie. All the best, Meredith & TJ
Post a Comment